2nd Line Application Engineer
£26,000 – £32,000 p/a
Are you an experienced 2nd Line Engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a 2nd Line Engineer to work with one of their well-established and very successful clients based in Peterborough
Main purpose of the role is responding to BAU 2nd Line incidents logged in the incident Management System and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
Principle Responsibilities of the 2nd Line Engineer
- Incident Diagnostics and Assistance
- Log Monitoring and Analysis
- Rule base Auditing and Advisory
- Device Software Upgrades, Patches, and Bug Fixes
- Configuration Backup / Restore
- Rule base and Network Configuration Change Management
- Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise for 1st line engineers
- Maintain technical accreditations in line with cataloged services
- Escalate and work with vendors when required.
- Setup and complete scheduled tasks when required.
- Work alongside consultants to understand issues and solutions.
- Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Delivery Manager /Service Delivery Managers
- Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
- Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
- Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
- Provide assistance to Team members and Analysts as required.
- Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills, and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
- Provide technical assistance to on-going projects and the transition of new customers when required.
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven support role
- Proven Customer service Skills
- Proven experience in delivering projects and complex changes.
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas.
- Knowledge/experience in the following technologies: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Exchange 2013/2016, O365, Active Directory, File Server / Print Server and Microsoft RDS
- Desirable: Microsoft Azure knowledge, AWS Knowledge, Skype for Business Knowledge, SCCM knowledge, VMWare knowledge, Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
- Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable. Ideally holding an ITIL Foundation certification
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution, or to identify when escalation is necessary
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and to support team members
- Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
This is a full-time permanent 2nd Line Engineer position, offering an annual salary of £26,000 – £32,000 DOE.
If this 2ND Line Engineer position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to James Tate at Coulter Elite Resourcing.