Are you a passionate Accounts Assistant? And looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a to work with their very well established client based in Huntingdon.
The successful candidate for this Accounts Assistant role will providing an accounting, premium finance and insurer account settling service to franchises as well as performing banking procedures.
Job specific requirements for the Accounts Assistant role:
- Settle specified Insurer Accounts
- Resolve any queries arising on the accounts
- Balance accounts settlement in Excel establishing override figure
- Create payment advice documents to submit to insurers
- Maintaining insurer accounts guides and procedures
- Reconcile and balance day ends
- Reconcile and balance Offices Month Ends
- Calculate commissions based on Month Ends
- Send out monthly reports
- Write off uncollected deposits and debts over 120 days old
- Produce and send credit control and aged debt reports to relevant persons
- Locate & Reconcile payments made directly into Accounts system
- Run auto-reconciliation – investigate and resolve any items that have not been auto-reconciled
- Answering incoming calls
- Photocopying, Filing and Scanning various accounts related documents
Person specification for the Accounts Assistant role:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook and internet browsers
- A good understanding of accounts procedures with the ability to process adjustments and knowledge of relevant reports after suitable training
- Understanding of regulation in relation to banking and finance
- Good written, oral and communication skills
- High levels of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Confident and friendly telephone manner
- Be approachable and helpful to management and other members of staff regarding accounts related issues
- Competent in Maths & English
- A collaborative and innovative approach to working
- Act with integrity at all times when working with stakeholders
- Awareness of Client Money Controls
This is a full time permanent Accounts Assistant position, offering an annual salary of £18,000 with market leading benefits, a positive and encouraging work environment, exposure to specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career within the insurance industry.
If this Accounts Assistant position sounds like you please forward your interest to Simon at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy based in Peterborough, Milton Keynes and London supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel, from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally.