Intake / Packaging Section Manager
INTAKE/PACKAGING SECTION LEADER
JOB TITLE: Intake/Packaging Section Leader
REPORTING TO: Warehouse Section Manager
LOCATION: Alconbury, Huntingdon
SHIFT PATTERN: 4 on 4 off (12 hours shift)
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with the Intake Manager/planning teams to ensure the correct stock is available for production on time with correct quantities
• Ensuring all arrivals are booked in correctly against the expected arrivals
• Ensure 100% pick to order process to productions lines
• Responsible for delivering accurate stock counts and minimising waste
• Responsible for accurate scanning to location and managing discipline in maintaining this process to encourage efficiency
• Managing the Team effectively to ensure all core business activities are actioned and maintained daily
• Work with the Technical & Quality teams ensuring all customer specifications are met always
• Record and notify any additional costs of work against agreed process with their Manager
• To operate and manage the Enterprise Resource Planning System (Rubicon) as required for the Warehouse processes
• Good housekeeping keeping areas clean and tidy, challenging any mess. Ensure working in a clean and safe manner (Clean as you go policy)
• To lead the Warehouse team in delivering a quality focused and efficient operation daily
• To work with the on-board truck system to fully utilise it to its capacity
• Demonstrate an awareness of temperature regimes and controls across all areas and highlight any concerns to a relevant Manager.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
• Previous experience within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
• Good standard of education, specifically in English and Mathematics.
• Previous supervisory experience and management of a team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Work on own initiative.
• Team player able to focus on departmental goals whilst respecting the needs of others.
• Able to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and implement appropriate changes to deliver these benefits