Night time controller
As a Night time controller within a Control Room, you are the “voice with a smile”, and your main responsibility will be managing our Head Office switchboard. You will be dealing with all internal and external calls in a professional and efficient manner. Whilst handling a range of matters, you will provide exceptional attention to detail, security services knowledge, and convey the appropriate tone and warmth in all communications.
Working pattern: Based on 12-hour shifts from 7pm – 7am
Employee will work for four consecutive 12-hour shift, followed by four consecutive days off.
The main duties of a night time controller:-
• Supervising the Control Room during out of office hours.
• Scheduling security officers jobs
• Dealing with hourly check calls.
• Logging officers coming on and going off duty.
• Taking telephone enquiries from clients.
• Coordinating incidents/alarm activation.
• Liaising with emergency services and other monitoring agents.
• The night time controller also deals with emergency rostering of Officers.
• Completing reports.
• Other administrative duties
To apply for the Night time controller role:-
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to connect with clients and guests – fluent level of spoken English is essential.
• The night time controller will have proven experience in a similar role, ideally on a busy switchboard within a Control Room.
• Hold a SIA CCTV badge
• Be a comfortable and confident communicator – dealing with people face to face, over the phone or by email
• Be a reliable team player
• Possess sound numeracy, literacy and IT skills