Our client is looking for an experience logistics co-ordinator administrator at their head office based in Kings Lynn, Norfolk
You will be handling the movement of between 400-600 units at any one given time. The ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively is a must in this busy role. You must have a friendly disposition and be able to demonstrate a can do attitude and tenacity of purpose
Responsibilities for the Logistics co-ordinator role
- Develop and maintain a database of freight forwarders, monitor performance and ensure only quality service is used.
- Hold potential and existing supplier meetings
- Receive requests for shipment from Procurement department and direct from suppliers.
- When goods ready to ship obtain relevant info (Weight, container size, shipping from port)
- Request quotations on shipment or road freight by consignment basis.
- Advise relevant PO owner for payment to supplier as needed
- Award each shipment and send PO to freight forwarder
- Update SAP with shipment details
- Chase suppliers for required shipping documentation
- Send clearance instructions to relevant freight forwarder, ensure correct commodity codes are used and reconciled to deferment account.
- Assist freight forwarder with booking in of deliveries.
- Keep the business updated of any delays
- Assist other departments with any logistic requirements as needed
If you feel you feel you have all the relevant skill for the role as logistics co-ordinator then please apply today to Wendy@coulterelite.co.uk