Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Head of Employment Law to work with their very well-established client based in Lancashire.
Our client, a top 100 firm with offices throughout the country are looking to appoint a senior Solicitor or a suitably experienced advisor to head up the Employment department. This role will see the candidate liaise closely with a Senior Partner of the firm to grow the employment team as well as the firms following.
Principle Responsibilities for the Head of Employment position:
• Provide advice to clients on a variety of employment law issues
• Be business development focused
• Draft documents: contracts, settlement agreements, policies, procedures and handbooks
• Conduct advocacy
• Ability and desire to sell our fixed price employment law retainer.
• Take and draft witness statements
• Analyse and evaluate evidence of cases
• Conduct pre-hearing reviews
• Run and develop your own caseload
• Undertake research
• Liaise with clients and other professionals such as barristers
• Represent clients at Employment Tribunals
• Deliver presentations/seminars on employment matters
Person Specification for the Head of Employment position:
• Excellent client care skills
• Highly effective communicator
• Concise and clear document drafting
• Community focussed
• Professional with a pro-active approach
• Excellent organisational skills
• Conscientious and hardworking
• Team player
Furthermore, Business Development is a key consideration for our client, therefore those with a local following and a proven record of success are obliged to apply.
This is a full-time permanent Head of Employment position, offering an annual salary of £75,000 – £90,000.
If you are a qualified Solicitor and looking for work nationwide I would welcome a conversation with you, please forward your interest to Simon at Coulter Elite Resourcing or call 01733 30 60 30. I am currently working on several high-profile vacancies.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy based in Peterborough, Milton Keynes and London supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel, from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally.