Are you a passionate Legal Cashier? And looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Legal Cashier to work with their very well-established client based in West Yorkshire.
Our client is expanding and recruiting heavily for their West Yorkshire office. The successful Legal Cashier will have legal accounts experience and have a strong understanding of processing conveyancing transactions. As a Legal Cashier, you will be part of the Accounts department and will report into the Financial Controller. You will be tasked with processing account transactions, performing bank reconciliations and ensuring full compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules as well as the following accountabilities:
Principle Responsibilities for the Legal Cashier:
- Processing conveyancing transactions in a high‐volume environment, including completion statement checking and processing client monies
- Processing client bills
- Authorising bank payments
- Performing bank reconciliations
- Cheque and card payment processing
- Identifying and liaising with fee earners to resolve conveyancing queries
- Comply with internal and external compliance processes and regulations including Solicitors
- Ensure relevant end of day reports are generated and saved
- Investigating and resolving unallocated payments
Person Specification for the Legal Cashier:
- A minimum of one ‐ two years’ experience in a legal cashiering team
- An understanding of the conveyancing process and experience of processing conveyancing transactions
- Ideally experience of all aspects of legal cashiering
- Ability to read and interpret a client and office matter ledgers
- Strong numeracy skills
- Competent IT user, especially Excel, but also Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast moving, high volume data inputting environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proactive approach to all work tasks with fantastic time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask tasks accordingly.
This is a full-time permanent position, offering an annual salary of up to £20,000 – £24,000.
If this Legal Cashier position sounds like you please forward your interest to Simon at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy based in Peterborough, Milton Keynes and London supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel, from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally.