Are you a passionate Legal Assistant? And looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to work with their very well-established client based in West Yorkshire.
The successful Legal Assistant will be joining a busy Conveyancing department. The candidate will need to carry out all works necessary within the department, under the supervision of the Fee Earners. This, along with secretarial, support, administrative and client care responsibilities including filing, archiving and accounts duties.
Principle Responsibilities for the Legal Assistant:
- Assist Conveyancers in the efficient processing and management of Residential Conveyancing matters including: Sale and purchase transactions of freehold, leasehold, registered, unregistered, shared ownership and newbuild properties
- Attend to clients, estate agents, solicitors, intermediaries and other 3rd parties both on the telephone/email and in written correspondence within agreed SLA’s
- To ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently, professionally and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the Conveyancers
- To provide general legal administrative support to colleagues in Residential Conveyancing.
- Updating bespoke third party or referrers websites/portals
- Take proactive action to ensure all parties are kept informed
- Deal with other general correspondence and administrative duties such as filing, scanning, photocopying, data entry and management of incoming post
- To ensure Money Laundering procedures are adhered to and any suspicious circumstances are reported
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to further improve the service offered by the Team
Person Specification for the Legal Assistant:
- Be an effective communicator.
- Able to converse and write in English to a high standard.
- Well organised, efficient, team player.
- Be punctual and responsible.
- Be prepared to undertake training activities within the firm.
- Have a great attitude and want to develop your skill and knowledge.
- Professional and business-like appearance and conduct
- Demonstrates and maintains a high level of performance in assigned area of legal work.
- Delivers under pressure and prioritises tasks.
- Strong team player with a motivational hands-on approach.
- Demonstrates integrity and congruence when dealing with people.
This is a full time permanent Legal Assistant position, offering an annual salary of £19,000 – £24,000.
If this Legal Assistant position sounds like you please forward your interest to Simon at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy based in Peterborough, Milton Keynes and London supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel, from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally.