Are you a passionate Legal Secretary? And looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Legal Secretary to work with their very well-established client based in Cambridgeshire.
The successful Legal Secretary will be given the task of servicing multiple departments in a float role. The candidate will need to carry out all works necessary within each department, under the supervision of the Fee Earners. This, along with secretarial, support, administrative and client care responsibilities including filing, archiving and digital dictation. Those that have strong secretarial experience in a reputable law firm are encouraged to apply, especially if you have spent time within the residential property sector.
Principle Responsibilities for the Legal Secretary:
- Provide the Business Support Team with typing, secretarial and administrative support, seconded to any department within any office identified as requiring specific secretarial support.
- Assist with digital dictation and administrative support across the firm in line with the Company’s workflow ethic.
- Transcribe and prepare all correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- Deal with administrative routines as required to include scanning, faxing, printing and photocopying, both in specific allocated departments and the Business Support Team;
- Be involved in the efficient management of client/matter files to include general filing in a timely and accurate manner together with file opening, preparation of client care letters and terms and conditions, file closure and archiving.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail in all mediums e.g. post, emails, fax transmissions etc.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain manager/fee earners diary as required
- Be flexible as a member of the wider support team and assist with work as required, co-operating with peers and others, ensuring a co-operative team environment.
Person Specification for the Legal Secretary:
- Experience as a secretary, including the use of a digital dictation tool.
- A typing speed of at least 65 wpm with 90% accuracy.
- Excellent attention to detail, including spelling and punctuation;
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, to remain calm and respond well in pressurised situations.
- The ability to organise own work effectively and plan well to meet required deadlines.
- Evidence of a problem solving and the ability to work effectively in a team environment experience of working in a professional organisation with the ability to demonstrate a basic knowledge of fee-earners’ work across multiple departments.
This is a full time permanent Legal Secretary position, offering an annual salary of £18,000 – £21,000.
If this Legal Secretary position sounds like you please forward your interest to Simon at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy based in Peterborough, Milton Keynes and London supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel, from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally.