Are you a passionate Legal Secretary? And looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Legal Secretary to work with their very well-established client based in Wisbech.
This Legal Secretary role will be reporting to and working directly with a Fee Earner. The candidate will need to carry out all works necessary within the Private Client department, under the supervision of the Fee Earner. This, along with secretarial, support, administrative and client care responsibilities including filing, archiving and accounts duties. Those with experience within Private Client and/or property are encouraged to apply.
Principle Responsibilities for the Legal Secretary:
- Produce, store and retrieve accurately typed letters and documents.
- Provide support to other secretaries.
- Transmit documents by email and fax to the required practice standard
- Maintain all confidentiality matters relating to clients.
- Carry out all works necessary within the department under the supervision of the Fee Earner.
- Keep the Fee Earners diary up to date with appointments via the Practice Management System (DPS).
- Take calls from clients, solicitors and third parties, keep accurate notes and pass onward to the Fee Earner.
- Contact clients, Solicitors and third parties in accordance with practice standards.
- Provide Reception cover when required.
- Maintain accurate documentation including following archiving procedures, assisting with the monitoring of files, the removal of completed files ensuring they have been actioned/billed.
- Liaise with Cashiers to hand over Client cheques.
- Send terms of business and appropriate care letter to each client on the Fee Earners request.
- Review the quality of client care.
Person Specification for the Legal Secretary:
- Be an effective communicator.
- Able to converse and write in English to a high standard.
- The ability to assist with deputising in the absence of a Fee Earner
- Well organised, efficient, team player.
- Be punctual and responsible.
- Be prepared to undertake training activities within the firm.
- Have a great attitude and want to develop your skill and knowledge.
- Professional and business-like appearance and conduct
- Demonstrates and maintains a high level of performance in assigned area of legal work.
- Delivers under pressure and prioritises tasks.
- Strong team player with a motivational hands-on approach.
- Demonstrates integrity and congruence when dealing with people.
This is a full time permanent Legal Secretary position, offering an annual salary of £19,000 – £22,000.
If this Legal Secretary position sounds like you please forward your interest to Simon at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy based in Peterborough, Milton Keynes and London supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel, from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally.