Are you a passionate Logistics Coordinator, looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Logistics Coordinator to work with one of their well-established and very successful clients based in Cambridge working as part of their Logistics team.
Principle Responsibilities for the Logistics Coordinator:-
- Raising and accepting all orders within Sage 50 accounts software.
- Liaising with sales, production and customers/agents to obtain all the necessary information on orders prior to shipment.
- Manage activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to ensure agreed dates are met.
- Maintaining progress spreadsheets and a full audit trail for all transactions.
- Preparing invoices, and delivery notes.
- Preparing documentation of loads for shipment.
- Managing relevant UK export licences (inc. OGELs, SIELs, OIELs)/certificate of origin/EUR 1 certificates/ATA certificates and carnets and marine insurance certificates. Liaising with DIT for third party End User Statements and export licences. Company point of contact for export compliance.
- Arranging shipments with courier companies and freight forwarders and ensuring goods are shipped in accordance with the Incoterms and the company’s payment terms and export compliance.
- Ongoing review of freight costs and dealing with freight quotations. Matching freight cost invoicing against agreed prices.
- Liaising with carriers/clearing agents reference clearing instructions for import/export of goods to ensure customs entries are correct (Commodity codes, CPC, etc.) and all paperwork is complete for goods in transit through customs (inbound and outbound/temporary and permanent), including exhibitions and sales trips.
- Manage relationships with transport providers to resolve shipping issues.
- Dealing with OTRS/RMAs for repairs or warranty replacements and liaising with our support and production departments to ensure goods are received and returned in accordance with our IPR authorisation.
- Preparing and processing Letters of Credit (LOCs) and Bank Guarantees.
- Setting up inspections (Veritas, Intertek, SGS) as required
- Maintaining correct filing procedures/record-keeping for DIT and HMRC audits.
- Ordering courier supplies.
Previous experience in a logistics role (import/export, customs procedures/regulations).
- Knowledge of export collections or documentary collections.
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Previous knowledge of Sage or similar order fulfilment system is preferred.
- Experience with letters of credit, warranty bonds, CAD and Chambers of Commerce.
- Experience of controlled goods (Dual Use/Military) and classification; DIT licensing application process and procedures via SPIRE.
- Good planning and organisational skills and an attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills with a professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of a small team.
- Take responsibility for quality of work produced and be able to adapt to priorities and ad-hoc workloads.
This is a full time permanent Logistics Coordinator position, 37.5 hours a week, offering an annual salary up to £30,000 plus annual company benefits to include a 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, pension scheme, discount scheme on all company products and free car parking.
If this Logistics Coordinator position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Shaquille at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy with a head office in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally. Our area of recruitment are Commercial, FMCG, Engineering, Technical and IT
We endeavour to reply to every application we receive, however due to the volume of applications sometimes we are unable to do this. If you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your application, please accept our apologises that you have on this occasion been unsuccessful in your application.