Are you a passionate Junior Buyer? And looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Junior Buyer to work with their very well-established client based in Hitchin.
The Junior Buyer focuses on ensuring continuous supply of raw materials, the delivery of procurement projects in a timely manner, and sourcing of new materials to ensure our continued growth by profitably supplying our customers with high quality, innovative products.
Job specific requirements for the Junior Buyer role:
- To be a first point of escalation from the planning team for raw material supply issues and to liaise with suppliers, to escalate as appropriate internally.
- To identify and communicate potential supply risks of materials used in proposed promotions to the relevant departments to ensure awareness.
- To work closely with the NPD team to source new materials to ensure alignment to the overall procurement strategy whilst supporting innovation.
- To monitor procurement of materials with price breaks and measure ordering effectiveness vs forecast demand, amending the SAGE system where required to achieve potential savings.
- Ensure all purchasing prices and contracts are maintained and up to date in the SAGE system.
- To support the Procurement Manager in supplier and material contingency projects and cost saving projects to ensure business continuity and profitability.
- To be responsible for own lead buy areas circa £1million spend; to develop a category strategy and keep up to date with market pricing. To propose pricing and contract cover negotiated with the supplier to the Procurement Manager for sign off.
Person specification for the Junior Buyer role:
- CIPS qualified or part qualified or willing to undertake further CIPS qualifications
- Food science degree and/or 2 + years’ experience of food/agri markets or FMCG business
- Knowledge of sourcing strategy or supplier communication across categories
- Able to gain understanding of Incoterms and tariffs
- Strong numerical and analytical skills including Excel skills with experience of producing reports
- Able to demonstrate initiative, decision making and self-motivation
- Used to working to key performance indicators
- Used to working within a fast-moving pressurised environment
- Willing to undertake negotiation skills training
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and entrepreneurial spirit, a hands-on approach
- Able to build effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation, actively demonstrating commitment to the culture of the business
- Able to present information and data to others as an effective communicator
- Ability to interact across cultural boundaries
This is a full-time permanent Junior Buyer position, offering a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and encouraging work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career.
If this Junior Buyer position sounds like you please forward your interest to Simon at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy based in Peterborough, Milton Keynes and London supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel, from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally.