Automation Design Engineer
UK – Remote Based
£27,000 – £37,000 PA
Are you looking for a new role for 2022 which combines engineering design and computer science? If so this Automation Design Engineer position could be perfect!
Coulter Elite Resourcing are working with a globally recognised engineering firm who are at the forefront of launching a new landmark project into the automation of engineering design within the worlwide energy industry. Working within a dedicated team of like-minded engineers you will have the ability to learn and develop in role whilst using automating software packages to identify new systems and processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs within an engineering production environment.
With many of the modern university engineering courses now including modules on parametric modelling and design automation, this area of specialism is gaining a big following in the engineering world. If you’ve had the opportunity to dable in these areas or have a passionate for computer programming in your spare time, then this role would be perfect!
Principle Responsibilities for the Automation Design Engineer :-
- Working as part of a dedicated team of engineers who are looking to identify new opportunities for automation within the design process
- Utilising 3D CAD software to design, visualise and realise projects
- Use Parametric modeling to support in design automation of existing and new product lines
- Identify new systems and processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs
- Look to design new automation processes and design tools which will be continuously tested to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Presenting updates to senior colleagues outlining new concepts, testing outcomes, and ongoing efficiency
- Developing and maintaining clear and accurate documentation of automation tools or processes
- Troubleshooting automated processes or equipment when errors occur
- Communicate effectively with the clients, colleagues and contractors involved in a project
- 3D CAD skills – Parametric modelling and CAD API experience desirable.
- 2D CAD skills – Ability to interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Excellent computer skills – with an interest in programming skills. (Junior .NET (VB / C#) development and SQL (MS SQL Server) experience preferred, however all experience considered)
- Communication skills – Able to explain novel and complex ideas to stakeholders of all levels and within multidisciplinary teams. Written communication skills will also be needed for record keeping and documentation.
- Problem-solving and creative thinking – Ability to develop novel solutions/workarounds utilising all the tools available, for programming, CAD or otherwise.
- Organisational skills – To map out projects, prioritize workload and keep accurate documentation
This is a full time permanent Automation Design Engineer position, working remotely from the UK Mon-Fri, 9-5pm. The position is offering a starting salary of between £27,000 – £37,000 dependent on experience and also offers great company perks to include 25 days holiday, full remote workstation and a company pension contribution of up to 12%.
Progress opportunities within the business are readily available and the business invest a huge amount of resources and budget to upskilling all engineers.
If this Automation Design Engineer position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Ollie at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy with a head office in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally. Our area of recruitment are Commercial, FMCG, Engineering, Technical and IT
We endeavour to reply to every application we receive, however due to the volume of applications sometimes we are unable to do this. If you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your application, please accept our apologises that you have on this occasion been unsuccessful in your application. Please keep an eye on our website www.coulterelite.co.uk for any future opportunities