Customer Technologist (NPD)
£25,000 – £35,000 (DOE)
Are you a passionate Customer Technologist, looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Customer Technologist to work with one of their well-established and very successful clients based in Southfleet, Gravesend working as part of their NPD and Technical team.
|To effectively manage and deliver the technical agenda and build strong relationships with selected retail customers. To represent our client with customers and third parties from a technical perspective. To ensure there is relevant and adequate technical capability of our premium, high care, ready-to-eat products from raw material to our clients customers in line with customer codes of practice and technical requirements|
Principle Responsibilities for the Customer Technologist:-
- Ensure that strong and proactive relationships are built with retailers technical representatives and that all requests and tasks are managed efficiently both for individual accounts and across the wider customer technical team
- Represent our client in customer technical meetings, conferences, benchmarking, visits, audits and other customer events, feeding back relevant information to the wider team and following up actions appropriately
- Exchange quality and availability information with customers throughout the season
- Proactively engage with the retailer’s technical representative to ensure continuous and mutually beneficial development of the account
- Ensure there is adequate provision of technical support to the factory and wider team to ensure compliance with customer requirements
- Actively work with the NPD team to lead and drive the delivery of new product development projects
- Work with the retailer’s technical representative to ensure any NPD / EPD is in line with the factory’s capabilities and their expectation of the finished product attributes are aligned to what is achievable
- Manage the writing of specifications, artwork approval, pre-production trials and other key NPD activities
- Proactively engage in site-wide initiatives and projects to improve quality and shelf life
- Understand and pre-empt quality issues by conducting store visits and providing feedback to the factory
- Plus other responsibilities which can be provided.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a food technical role (ideally customer facing)
- Experience of working with and managing the major UK retailers
- Experience of a high care, ready-to-eat environment and preferably with fresh produce
- A qualified graduate in, horticulture, postharvest or food technology
- HACCP, Auditing, or Food safety qualifications would be a massive plus!
- Involvement in the NPD process
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-organised approach and the ability to plan a workload
- Resilient with a strong work ethic and a proactive approach to personal development
- Flexible approach and be willing to adapt ways of working to support team requirements
- Proven time management skills and be accustomed to working with and meeting time critical deadlines
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Ability to work well under pressure and proactively seek win/win solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
This is a full-time permanent Customer Technologist position, Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00 offering an annual salary of £25,000 – £35,000 plus annual company benefits to include a 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, pension scheme, discount scheme on all company products and free car parking.
If this Customer Technologist position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Rob Neave at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy with a head office in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally. Our area of recruitment are Commercial, FMCG, Engineering, Technical and IT