Up to £35,000
Are you a passionate Engineering Buyer, looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Engineering Buyer to work with one of their well-established and very successful clients based near Biggleswade working as part of the Purchasing Team.
Engineering Buyer you will be responsible for
purchase all items necessary for the successful running of the business.
The company are a well established and fast growing non-food FMCG manufacturing business.
Principle Responsibilities for the Engineering Buyer :-
- Negotiating prices and
discounts, placing and chasing purchase orders for all aspects of the business
o Raw material and components
o Electrical control gear and components
o Consumable items
o Plant and Equipment
o Motor vehicles
o Subcontract items
o Equipment for inclusion in turnkey projects
o Set up and manage service contracts; act on any breakdowns
- Ensuring stock is maintained at an appropriate level:
Check physical stock levels before re-ordering ,
o Review re-order points and re-order quantities,
o Check existing allocations and orders,
o Work with the stores to resolve stock discrepancies.
- Ensure our equipment is delivered on time by
Keeping up to date with the status of all projects in manufacturing and
identifying any hold ups, particularly on key projects,
o Chasing bought in parts,
o Preparing for and attending weekly progress meeting,
o Reviewing the short allocations report.
Obtain competitive quotes where appropriate,
o Negotiate and agree prices before placing orders,
o Find alternative suppliers for third party spares,
o Obtain signatures for high value orders.
o Source new machinery in response to identified needs, with the assistance of the Engineering Director and Production Manager.
- Database Administration:
Ensure that part descriptions are meaningful and accurate,
o Enter order acknowledgements and chase up un-acknowledged orders
o Add new consumable parts when you can see a repeated demand,
o Ensure that the database is showing accurate costs,
o Chase up old orders and clear off old balances,
o Keep supplier database valid and up to date.
Ensure that all purchase orders contain the necessary information in a readable
and correct format,
o Use the correct ledger codes on purchase orders,
o Work with stores and logistics to develop suitable quality checks.
- Excellent numerical skills : must be able to understand and advise on product costings.
- Experience with an MRP / ERP based system in a manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional organisational ability
- Must be able to communicate across all levels of the business, from factory floor to Senior Directors & externally with Suppliers and Freight companies.
- Has commercial acumen and an understanding of business issues
- Pivotal team player + has a collaborative approach
- Ability to multi-task and work on multi-projects – skilled at prioritising
- Deadline driven and motivated : self-starter : a ‘can do’ attitude
- Successful within a fast paced environment : responds well to pressure and change
- Professional, adaptable and flexible
This is a full time permanent Engineering Buyer position,
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30 (4pm finish on a Friday)
Annual salary of up to £35,000
Company benefits to include:
20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays,
free car parking.
If this Engineering Buyer position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Hollie at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy with a head office in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally. Our area of recruitment are Commercial, FMCG, Engineering, Technical and IT
We endeavour to reply to every application we receive, however due to the volume of applications sometimes we are unable to do this. If you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your application, please accept our apologises that you have on this occasion been unsuccessful in your application. Please keep an eye on our website for any future opportunities