Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£40,000 – £45,000
Are you a passionate Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work with one of their well-established and very successful clients based in Peterborough working as part of their design team.
Responsible for designing and issuing machinery to meet the needs of customer contracts and equipment development projects
Principle Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:-
- Responsible for designing, configuring and issuing machinery / ancillary equipment to meet contract requirements and schedules.
- Produce accurate machine layouts, including service and installation details to minimise issues found at the assembly, installation and commissioning stages.
- To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with standards and quality procedures.
- To ensure equipment is compliant with the required legislation (EU Directives).
- Produce detailed equipment specifications for bought out equipment.
- Support manufacturing – Resolving issues quickly, using sound engineering solutions.
- Seek out and implement continuous improvement opportunities for equipment, to improve performance, hygiene and quality whilst reducing cost and schedule.
- Help to design, develop and test new equipment, either for specific contracts, or to support product range development.
- Maintain accurate machine records and a clear parts list structure.
- Provide technical support to sales and customer services.
- To work with and visit suppliers when necessary to ensure their equipment meets our requirements.
- To perform engineering calculations to back up design solutions.
- To brief site engineers and visit site when necessary.
- Competent in the use of 3D design and PLM Software.
- Capable of producing engineering calculations to back up design solutions.
- Experienced in producing clear and accurate component drawings to suit a range of low volume manufacturing methods.
- Good time management skills – Able to prioritise tasks accordingly.
- Comfortable presenting engineering information to a variety of audiences.
- Experience designing food process equipment would be highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of UK and/or global machinery standards beneficial
- Experience using 2D design packages would be advantageous.
- Engineering Degree or Relevant experience.
This is a full time permanent Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position, 37.5 hours a week, offering an annual salary up to £45,000 plus annual company benefits to include a 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, pension scheme, discount scheme on all company products and free car parking.
If this Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Shaquille at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy with a head office in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally. Our area of recruitment are Commercial, FMCG, Engineering, Technical and IT
We endeavour to reply to every application we receive, however due to the volume of applications sometimes we are unable to do this. If you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your application, please accept our apologises that you have on this occasion been unsuccessful in your application. Please keep an eye on our website www.coulterelite.co.uk for any future opportunities