Business Development Manager
Coulter Elite Resourcing are looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team. Our client specialises in the ideation, development, manufacture and distribution of high quality of personal care products, their reputation for exceptional customer service, outstanding quality and award winning innovation is leading the way within the market and setting the bench mark. Our client are a passionate team of people who love to offer their customers the upmost professional care and service.
– Responsible for all sales and commercial elements of customer relationship with key retail accounts, driving sales and profit/margin performance. Ensuring highest levels of customer service at all times.
Commercial and Sales Management
- Initiate and drive a strategic trading sales plan in each key account to maximise the business and total sales
- Identifying and actively pursuing new product/category opportunities.
- Full profit and loss management for each key account
- PrepareProduct Costings ( brief internal teams – liaising with P+M suppliers as needed )
- Prepare quotations to send to customers
- Price negotiation with customers
- Producing EPOS reports for the business and highlighting areas of growth and decline
- Ensure comprehensive and timely handover to the Product Manager on NPD projects
- Initiate and drive product cost engineering where needed
- Managing product commercially throughout its lifecycle ( impact of cost increases / change of specification / sales order volume change )
- Producing sales budget to include sales/ margin and NPD costs ( where applicable )
- Tracking monthly sales V budget.
- Working with Customer Service Team to identify any potential Pull Forwards from next month.
- Tracking adherence to sales budget and reporting to the business shortfalls / gains.
- Produce post launch reviews, for internal and customer use
- Managing the key account interface with customer teams to include buyers, technical & product managers and supply teams.
- Understanding of customer processes + requirements of a vendor; including supplier KPI’s
- Circulate Customer Supplier Manuals to relevant P+M departments and ensure all checked and comments managed with customer
- Responsible for leading the generation, preparation and delivery of customer presentations.
- Day to day customer interface – driving and owning all meetings / conference calls including all meeting preparation and meeting minutes together with issuing and ensuring follow through is actioned and closed off.
- Assessment of new customer briefs. Preparing New Project Approval Forms for sign off
- Management of customer briefs/tenders. Briefing and leading the wider P+M team on new briefs.
- Agreeing Initial CPA with customer to meet required launch dates.
- Overseeing that all launches and NPD projects are delivered on time against CPA and managed with relevant Customer teams
- Monitoring and managing with the team any customer quality issues –ensuring managed and communicated with the customer to closure.
- Ensure all customers are provided a P+M supply manual and signed up.
Order /Stock Management
- Requesting forecasts from customers on a regular basis to understand future business requirements.
- Tracking budget V forecast
- Ensuring that Sales Order Dates are checked before adding to the IBS and achievable
- Management of exit plans on discontinued lines to minimise P+M exposure on stock holding and profitability impact.
- Managing customer stocks ( BOP and FG ) and reporting on the Monthly Stock Report . All excess and residuals are identified and managed efficiently (disposal / returning (free issue) or charging onto customers.
- Responsible for overseeing that stock is being produced in time to meet forecast or sales order (made to order ) . Communicating with customers if there are issues and offering solutions where appropriate
- Management of free issue components – work with QC to ensure any reworks are charged for .
Management of Customer shortages; ensure appropriate Customer teams are aware in advance of potential issues
If this Business Development Manager position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Katie at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy with a head office in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally. Our area of recruitment are Commercial, FMCG, Engineering, Technical and IT
We endeavour to reply to every application we receive, however due to the volume of applications sometimes we are unable to do this. If you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your application, please accept our apologises that you have on this occasion been unsuccessful in your application. Please keep an eye on our website www.coulterelite.co.uk for any future opportunities