£60,000 + Car Allowance
Coulter Elite Resourcing are recruiting for a project manager for one of their most successful and established clients.
Responsible for the running of works within the Projects department, managing all operational activities of a team of supervisors, site foreman’s, site-based operatives and sub-contractors to ensure the successful, timely and cost-effective completion of all projects whilst ensuring all record keeping and compliancy is up to date and in order.
· Responsible for overseeing all project jobs from start to finish, this will be from mobilisation, pre-start meetings, day to day delivery, right through to snagging and completion / handover and O+M files issued.
· Project pre-start in house meetings to be held on award of new works with the Senior manager and Commercial manager/ estimator to begin mobilisation.
· Building and issuing of site/works specific H&S RAMS, CPPs, works programs/ schedules, site logistic plans.
· Attend weekly/ bi-weekly client & consultant site meetings, report and delegate the required actions/ points raised to all relevant team members. Report back to Senior management with any issues that may carry delay/ costs implications for discussion.
· Engaging and planning of Building Control on jobs in which this is required.
· Provide technical support and guidance to operatives & customers when required with assistance from the Senior manager and supervisors.
· Co-ordination and day to day management of the Supervisors, engineers, and support staff. Supervisors to take lead on the day-to-day engineer’s labour however full awareness and approval is crucial.
· Collating information and generating detailed reports for clients.
· Ensuring weekly site progress/ H&S checks are undertaken and recorded by supervisors highlighting any critical H&S issues for improvements.
· Allocating specialist sub-contractors, DBS checks, RAMS checks, obtaining and providing access details, and other relevant information, to ensure compliance with client requirements.
· Chairing internal bi-weekly review meetings with supervisors, recording minutes, and reporting back to Senior manager.
· Arranging delivery of plant and materials alongside the supervisors ensuring quality, value for money and those deliveries are made on time at appropriate times depending on the site. Communication with the estimator maybe required again at this point.
· To report on a regular basis within the requirements of the Senior manager on the status of all works within the department to identify, in good time, problems in relation time-scale or resources.
· To ensure that works are completed to the required company standard and within projected time-scale, costs and technical requirements.
· To ensure snagging visits and reports are undertaken by the Supervisors. All follow up action to be communicated and implemented as required.
· To have input into the application and invoicing process for all projects, it is essential that all variations to the contracts are recorded and are recorded and billed correctly.
· To oversee the work in progress for invoicing to ensure invoices are charged within the contracted timelines to avoid / mitigate late or no payments from clients.
· To be responsible for forming and submissions of quotations to clients for their consideration and approval.
· Collate paperwork provided for the raising of applications/invoices to ensure that it is complete and issued on time.
· To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’.
· Collating and producing O&M files alongside 3rdparty contractor. As installed drawing marks ups.
· Instigate, collate project case studies for every job we do. Work with Bid team to provide initial scoping document and all supporting relevant photos.
· Monitoring that jobs are carried out correctly, cost effectively and delivered on time in accordance to client specification and quality requirements.
· Lessons learnt from delivery should be recorded and reviewed to ensure the highest standards are maintained into future projects.
· Planning, scheduling, and reviewing workload to ensure labour output and on time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively in conjunction with the supervisors.
· Ensuring that the department has the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, materials, and tools required in order to achieve service delivery targets in conjunction with the Senior Manager.
· Monitor staff performance, attendance, and annual leave, keeping an accurate record, undertaken appraisals and end of year performance reviews.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate Will
· Financial awareness and understanding of value for money/good negotiations skills
· Very good organization and communications skills
· Good IT skills
· Have/ working towards SMSTS qualification
· Have/ working towards IOSH Managing H&S qualification
· Have/ working towards Microsoft Projects software competency
· Be able to work with and communicate with all members of the Projects dept consideration individuals’ strengths and areas which may require support
Essential Qualifications/ Skills
· NVQ level 2/3 mechanical bias
· Previous experience ensuring all works are undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements, health & safety and industry codes of practice.
· The ability to plan, prioritise and resolve issues
· Meet targets and deadlines and able to work under reasonable pressure
· The ability to organise other people’s work, and motivate them.
· Good written and spoken communication skills
· A good team leader with the ability to demonstrate excellent customer care skills.
· Full UK driving licence
· Qualifications to suit the role/ gas safe desired