Are you a passionate Buyer? And looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Buyer to work with their very well-established client based in Poynton.
The successful candidate for this Buyer position will come from a background in manufacturing or engineering. You will procure raw materials and components to meet the manufacturing schedule and to the correct quality. Otherwise, you will be tasked to reduce costs and continuously improve service from our clients supply chain whilst providing exemplary customer service.
Principle Responsibilities for the Buyer:
- To purchase raw materials and components to achieve the production schedule and overall objectives of the company
- To ensure purchased parts are to optimum value, required quality and delivered on time; to develop and communicate appropriate plans to achieve these objectives
- To be responsible for identifying potential savings and implementing continuous cost reduction initiatives
- To monitor allocated suppliers, ensuring corrective action as needed. To plan, hold and report on regular supplier meetings, visiting suppliers when necessary in the UK and elsewhere. Engage in regular benchmarking exercises across the commodity groups
- To ensure that Purchasing take the lead in all aspects of the supplier relationship, ensuring KPI’s are interrogated, presented & improved where they don’t meet business targets
- To take an overview of the raw materials process and MRO distribution component spend, guiding junior members of the team in order to meet the company objectives
- To liaise with key stakeholders, Business Scheduling Manager, Technical and Production Engineering departments to implement improvements in part/supplier consolidation/identify areas of risk/unit cost and economical unit of measure
- To develop suppliers in terms of value engineering activities/part identification/invoice process
- To manage agreed SLA with suppliers and develop the use of Purchase Order schedules to reduce the administration content of the MRO spend and ensure adherence
- Instigate cost saving initiatives with vendors and clearly demonstrate strategy and adherence
- Drive and be a role model for the company values & behaviours.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures including feeding back any H&S information to management
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours
Person specification for the Buyer:
- A good understanding of the purchasing lifecycle for castings and other raw materials, MRO distribution type items
- An understanding of the procurement process in a make-to-order environment; commercially aware
- CIPS qualification preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge & worked with manufacturing MRP/ERP Systems
- Organised with good time management skills; able to prioritise
- An understanding of manufacturing schedules and management of the procurement function to achieve the schedule
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to take the lead on issues where appropriate
- Flexibility to travel within the UK, Europe and other areas of the world
- Ability to identify and exploit opportunities, initiate value engineering and resource activities
- Strong analytical and presentational skills, with ability to use own initiative to seek answers to engineering-related questions and problems
- Flexible and able to work quickly and effectively under direction
- Strong computer skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
This is a full time permanent Buyer position, offering an annual salary of £45,000.
If this Buyer position sounds like you please forward your interest to Simon at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy based in Peterborough, Milton Keynes and London supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel, from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally.