Senior Quality Engineer
Are you a passionate Senior Quality Engineer, looking for an exciting new role?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to work with one of their well-established and very successful clients based in Coventry working as part of their Composites team.
- Preparation of the customer APQP and PPAP documents
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Update as required FMEA’s, Control Plans and internal documentation
- Participate in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Statistical analysis of measurements results from capability studies and produces reports.
- Interpreting dimensional results and component GD&T
- Direct interface between external customer and internal engineering/projects and production.
- Provide timing for quality milestones and activities for Project timing plan
- Ensuring Quality milestones are achieved
- Lead 8D / root cause investigations
- Directly interfacing with customers / suppliers
- Creating DMR reports and forwarding to suppliers, ensuring the supplier has conducted a through root cause with closure actions verified.
- Lead in-house containment activities reporting findings to the customer.
- Complete weekly quality KPIs in time and own actions
- Complete internal audits in accordance with audit schedule, liaise with department owners and support audit actions until closure.
- Owning customer audit actions
- Performing external audits as and when required.
- Support supplier development and provide technical assistance.
- Complete customer 8d reports on time and in full.
- Review supplier 8D and update as required.
- Creation of Documentation required for AS9100 Rev D (utilising current IATF16949 compliant BMS)
- Liaison with all other departments to support procedure/process requirements.
Proven background of Quality knowledge combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
Communication and Presentations, directly with Customers and internal stakeholders.
Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances;
Ability to plan and manage objectives and priorities
Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving while offering original and practical solutions that challenge fixed ideas; in depth knowledge of Quality Assurance techniques;
Core Tools FMEA, Control Plan, APQP, PPAP, Etc., Ability to work to deadlines in a demanding environment
IATF 16949 audit experience
AS9100 Rev D experience (Mandatory)
This is a full time permanent Senior Quality Engineer position, Mon – Thurs 8 – 4;30 – Friday 1pm finish, offering an annual salary that is negotiable plus annual company benefits to include a 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, pension scheme, discount scheme on all company products and free car parking.
If this Senior Quality Engineer position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Shaquille at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy with a head office in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally. Our area of recruitment are Commercial, FMCG, Engineering, Technical and IT
We endeavour to reply to every application we receive, however due to the volume of applications sometimes we are unable to do this. If you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your application, please accept our apologises that you have on this occasion been unsuccessful in your application.